Sign in to follow this  
thebronxbomber

[OFFICIAL] Website Bugs/Issues/Comments

Hello,

As you all know, the website is still a work in progress. Use this topic to bring up or discuss any issues (or anything commendations :P ) with the website. Endrane (Head of the Web Team and development of the website), I, and Danius and Billybantam will try to respond to all questions, comments, and concerns in a timely manner. Enjoy!

Bronx

LUDQv9K.png

Achievements

My biggest bug bearer is the split screening changes the whole menu system entirely. And through split screening it more tedious with button clicking that just the one click to gain access to my profile for example.

The three icons dont have a "hover over" feature which indicates what they are, so you will have to click on it and get use to what it is rather than being told what they are.

Search bar is only accessible if i click on the magnifier glass icon and ideally should always be accessible. 

split screening.png

Edited by TheReal Kyle

@TheReal KyleThe split-screen difference is just a feature of IPS (the system our website uses)...I think it's geared for mobile phones/tablets.

The gallery issue...while it can be annoying and are futile right now , I think the arrows are only to reflect the general direction of images in the slider. @Endrane ?

LUDQv9K.png

Achievements

Main page with topics etc seems like an awesome idea, but the colours of the background and text is conflicting/similar to the header colour, size look and feel. I found it hard at first to understand where topic started and ended. 

Remember usability is key, thats why the old website was going into the ground and discord took over, because discord got it right. its all about usability. Lets make it less confusing and stand out where the main headers are etc.

main page topics etc.png

on activity page.

When you go to organisation link for example, the hover prompt shows multiple links which conflicts with a graphic on the activity page. seems like that the graphic symbol of a speech bubble is in the front position and not behind the hover over box.

@TheReal Kyle The scaling you are seeing is just part of the responsive design of the IP Board theme.  That's the reason the menus change.  It's designed for touch devices when the width of the window hits a certain threshold.  The menus and navigation for a tablet or phone should not have any hover elements in it, because most touch devices can't use hover at all.

@thebronxbomber If CSS is directly editable, here are a few overrides to get rid of some of the last remnants of that blue color.

/* Fixes forum tag background */

.ipsTags, .ipsTag, .ipsTag_prefix {
	background: #cca240;
}

/* Fixes social media hover background */
.veilon-social-icons a:hover {
	background: #cca240;
}

/* Should override the icon colors in the navigation */

.ipsNavBar_primary > ul > li a:hover:before {
	color: #cca240 !important;
}

Achievements

@BirdDog2043 ( @TheReal Kyle too):

Before (new to me as well), members were able to click the icon next to an unread topic to reach the first unread post (see attached file). I've changed a setting that does this anyway when you click on a topic (not from the topic lists block though).

Enjoy :)

unreadposts.png

LUDQv9K.png

Achievements

The front/home page seems to be missing, this is where I end up instead of the page with the scrolling pictures @thebronxbomber

v6ck3.jpg

"Quickly put a hole in the man who tries to put five eggs in three baskets"

"30 fps isn't a design choice, it's a failure"

Achievements

1 minute ago, thebronxbomber said:

That's not wrong. We're still testing and making the other page ?

Just checking, someone's gotta keep you on edge! giphy.gif

Edited by Scags

"Quickly put a hole in the man who tries to put five eggs in three baskets"

"30 fps isn't a design choice, it's a failure"

Achievements

Can we have the ability to embed youtube videos into posts and Calendar invites. We have a trailer for the upcoming clash of the 13th event and want to embed it into the post :)

18 hours ago, Coldfreeze said:

Can we have the ability to embed youtube videos into posts and Calendar invites. We have a trailer for the upcoming clash of the 13th event and want to embed it into the post :)

There's already support for this :)

Instead of adding the embed code into posts, just add the share link to posts (i.e:

)

LUDQv9K.png

Achievements

Sign in to follow this