Sign in to follow this  
BillyBantam

Anthem

Who's going to be playing Anthem?  

14 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Do you plan on jumping into Anthem?

• Yes, early (EA access premier)
    • Yes at launch
    • Maybe, waiting for reviews

Who is planning on playing Anthem? Early Access for premier (full game) and access (10 hour trial) starts on Feb 15th, with the full launch on Feb 22nd.

Still on the fence about this one, but it's certainly looking interesting.

Achievements

2 minutes ago, Wulfie said:

I can't say I'm fully sold on the game as a whole. 

Yeah I get that. I think for me it depends on how much Bioware are able to flesh out the activities and if EA manage to force in any shitty monetisation. The second video I posted above suggest so far they haven't. My guess is its gonna be paid cosmetics, the dev specifically says no loot boxes.

Achievements

Gonna give this a loooonnnnnng wait before buying to see what the reviews are like, what the microstransactions are like, and how the microtransactions will change after a couple of months once all the initial reviews are in (because that's a thing now.)

Achievements

I'm keeping my eye on Anthem. Love the idea and look of the game. I am for sure getting The Division 2 and I am not sure if I'll want another RPG / grindy game if I am already playing that. Games like Anthem and The Division 2 tend to require a bit of a commitment to the grind and I'm not sure if I want two games like that at once

Achievements

Yeah since i havent got into Division nor Destiny so im definetly getting into this, perhaps im trusting them too much, but im guessing they are sick of their fuck ups aswell and that this should be good.

It's a demo weekend for origin access and premier the 25-27th and open test the 1st-3rd Feb no pre order required

"Quickly put a hole in the man who tries to put five eggs in three baskets"

"30 fps isn't a design choice, it's a failure"

Achievements

I was in the Alpha, and thought it was pretty fun so I'm looking forward to it.  And since I too have Premier I'll be jumping in on the 15th.  (I also happen to have a 5 day weekend starting then too so I'll probably be on a lot unless it turns out to be really really boring).

Achievements

Sounds like we're gonna have a few players playing at launch.   Thinking of a 24 hour launch play session!!

@RavenI pre-ordered Division 2 ages ago...which is the one out of the two that has me most interested right now, especially as it will have PvP at launch (PvP for Anthem is not confirmed when yet).

• Like 1

Achievements

6 hours ago, BillyBantam said:

Sounds like we're gonna have a few players playing at launch.   Thinking of a 24 hour launch play session!!

@RavenI pre-ordered Division 2 ages ago...which is the one out of the two that has me most interested right now, especially as it will have PvP at launch (PvP for Anthem is not confirmed when yet).

The last I read was that the devs said they have no plans for PvP in Anthem. Their reason was "balance". They didn't want to be buffing and nerfing weapons because of the effect they have on PvP. They just want to have the gear exist in PvE, and if it is OP, than in is OP. No need to Nerf anything

But ya, I am pumped for The Division 2. I played the hell out of the first on PS4, and I am playing through it again on PC because I got it in the HBM.

Achievements

On 1/18/2019 at 6:01 PM, Raven said:

The last I read was that the devs said they have no plans for PvP in Anthem. Their reason was "balance". They didn't want to be buffing and nerfing weapons because of the effect they have on PvP. They just want to have the gear exist in PvE, and if it is OP, than in is OP. No need to Nerf anything

But ya, I am pumped for The Division 2. I played the hell out of the first on PS4, and I am playing through it again on PC because I got it in the HBM.

They'll probably tack it on at some point!!

I reinstalled the other day @Raven, planning on just doing a few activities to get back up to speed in the Division before 2 touches down.

Achievements

I'm not sure Anthem PvP would be a good idea anyway.  Aside from armor and weapon balancing, they would also have to balance the movement and attack capabilities between the 4 Javelin classes, and if that wasn't enough then they would have to design maps around flight and hovering, taking into consideration the enormous speed boost you get while in flight.

Personally, if they can just make an amazing PvE base, that would be fine by me.

Achievements