thebronxbomber

[OFFICIAL] Introduce Yourself to the Community!

47 posts in this topic

Well, with the upcoming influx of new members to the website, it will be tough to personally greet everybody, but we'll try! New (and old) members are encouraged to post a little "about me" here in this topic. Who you are (unit you're with, position), when did you join (for older members), why, how you like it, interesting facts about you, etc. 

Without further ado, welcome aboard, everybody! We look forward to hearing a little about you!

Achievements

Posted (edited)

I'll kick it off :)

The name is Predacon, I am ze captain of the uber World of Warships unit in this clan. I'm 20 y/o and i joined the clan on June 23rd, 2013. I like it here (otherwise i wouldnt have been here for so long) and it's like my second family that keeps growing and growing. I joined in the days when Battlefield Play4Free was a thing... needed a group to play it. and stumbled upon the 13th MEU (The clan's old name) and signed up. My roots are the glorious Eagles and Marauders back in the days! But have been part of Falcons (As member, BF4), Deathdealers (As both member and LT, ArmA), Tridents (As LT/ CPT, World of Warships)

Something about myself outside of my gaming life... Real name goes by Diederick (Good luck pronouncing it) and i'm from this country where weird green plants that we smoke are legal. I'm an IT Supporter at this fashion company and i travel around europe for work related stuff. Unfortunatly this intereferes with my ability to game. I'm a music fanatic (You'll hear it on discord sometimes) and i eat a lot.

Edited by Predacon
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Chris P Bacon
Norway
Buccaneers Squadron CO (Acting)
Used to lead ESO but that unit was killed off at new years 17/18
I joined about two years ago i think. Or soon?

My other aliases is ChrisCroz, Jancs and Amonan
I play most games, but right now I have high hopes for Sea of thieves
Old as the rivers, younger than the mountains.
Favorite hobbies outside gaming is drinking

IMG_1534.thumb.JPG.e9986f3a5139f9e9a7032767b5ae01db.JPG5aa5b448eddca_Chrisprofil.jpg.1fba31a9e3550f36d2145b22b5415f09.jpgIMG_1890.thumb.JPG.2dee22be2eb7cfa522d414e28e4c247c.JPG

Edited by Chris P Bacon
  • Like 2

Achievements

I am one of the swedes occupying this clan, XO in the EFT unit,was ze XO in the world of warships division with le Boobacon as captain ¬¬:P. I joined 2 and a half years ago sometime in october.

Been playing games and fiddling with computers pretty much since I was physically able to ^^

26 years old living up in the frozen wasteland that is northern Sweden. Not much else to say O.o

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Name - Wulfie * RL - Johnny MacPherson*

Country - Scotland

Age - 29    *30 this year..... mother of god*

Occupation - Automotive Spray painter

Date of joining the clan - late 2011

Divisions been in - *First to > last *   *PS3 Warlords* BF3  > Arma2 > Dayz > Arma3 > War Thunder > BF4 > Squad > World of warships > BF1 >  RTS/X-ray  *current*

Been around for so long now I really couldnt imagine being in another clan or anywhere else tbh many bonds and freinds have been made over the years and that is the main reason for it all I guess.

Big into cars and motorbikes very much a greese monkey so im always messing about with enignes or doing something with veichles same go's for pc's, I enjoy building new rigs etc . . .

Also play the guitar and drink a lot on weekends since there is nothing better to do :P

47417_1380837484593_483215_n.jpg?oh=2ba1

Edited by Wulfie
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Nickname - bebris (or beb for short)

Name - Imants Bebris (guess where my nickname came from )

Country - Latvia

21 years old medicine student that has seen alot of stuff in this community

I'm still unsure what is my role in the 13th.. but hey i'm ok with it

I really like to play my guitar (mostly focusing on finger picking on my acoustic right now)  (insert a fingering A minor joke here)

Divisions ive been in:

Battlefield play4free (eagles for life boy, none of that knock off marauders squad) >bf3>arma2>arma3(for a bit)>reserves

Been here for uhh 6 or 7 years ? Dont remember...

You will now and then see my 2 cents show up in the discord chat.. please dont hate me for having a minority opinion :(

P.s. people like to call me a weeb which is sadly true

Edited by Bebris

Name - Global in Training, Papi, that one Cuban

Country - the great USA-h

Age - 24 

Occupation - Lead Graphic Designer at a small agency in Miami

Date of joining the clan - Ugh 2016 December 

Divisions been in - Too many (Battlefield 1, WoWs, Squad, X-Ray Strategy and Squad) and dabble in other division events such as Star Citizen, Arma 3, RS6, etc.

I'm that one hispanic guy of the clan, it's like a trophy wife except I get down with my homies. I love to drink and I am currently learning German as I am visiting this year. Perhaps I will move there as well as I am tired of Miami living, it's far too much of a headache dealing with things here. I dabble in a lot of interests (cars, music, science, firearms, and many others but I'm no expert in any of them). 

Well well!. i guess its time for that other swedish viking to pop up and introduce himself!, Names Exiduslol or Exi for short, u can call me Exidus aswell!

im 28 years of age and i live in the frozen hostile wasteland that happens to be the norhtern part of sweden in a little shithole called Skellefteå! also neighbours with the mad sod that is @Scags, but i digress!

Lost track of how long ive been a part of the 13th now but ive been around for a few years!

My adventures with the fighting 13th began in arma III and playing abit of World of Warships with @Scags @Predacon, my current assignment in the 13th is leading the vikings division to glorious victories and loots in the hardcore FPS known as Escape from Tarkov!

hobbies outside of the PC world i like havin a few beers, also desperatley trying to fund to get back into playing airsoft which has been put on hold for an undisclosed time lol

IMG_20180314_141246[1].jpg

11 hours ago, thebronxbomber said:

Awesome intros guys, keep it up!

@Global Papi I'm pretty sure you're not the "one" hispanic guy in the community....there's others....right, @Daytex?

Ayyyyy another one, welcome my son. 

28 minutes ago, [13th] Exiduslol said:

Well well!. i guess its time for that other swedish viking to pop up and introduce himself!, Names Exiduslol or Exi for short, u can call me Exidus aswell!

im 28 years of age and i live in the frozen hostile wasteland that happens to be the norhtern part of sweden in a little shithole called Skellefteå! also neighbours with the mad sod that is @Scags, but i digress!

Lost track of how long ive been a part of the 13th now but ive been around for a few years!

My adventures with the fighting 13th began in arma III and playing abit of World of Warships with @Scags @Predacon, my current assignment in the 13th is leading the vikings division to glorious victories and loots in the hardcore FPS known as Escape from Tarkov!

hobbies outside of the PC world i like havin a few beers, also desperatley trying to fund to get back into playing airsoft which has been put on hold for an undisclosed time lol

IMG_20180314_141246[1].jpg

Man I miss airsoft, I'd get back into it but the community for it quite sucks at times.

23 hours ago, thebronxbomber said:

Awesome intros guys, keep it up!

@Global Papi I'm pretty sure you're not the "one" hispanic guy in the community....there's others....right, @Daytex?

Fuck Mexicans, amirightbois?

Posted (edited)

So yeah, I'm LaevoS, 22 and probably a token Jew. Mostly known by friends and people that meet me for my Jewfro 

Been around since the ESO guild was a thing, I'm the most American sounding Israeli you'd probably ever hear.
Don't mess with the Zohan is an accurate documentary of life here.

I mostly lurk around the discord, dabble in digital art, cook, and read whenever I'm not in a game or spooking people with ancient Hebrew moonspeak. 

Also know an unhealthy amount of knowledge about tanks and the middle east politically and historically. 

Edited by LaevoS
  • Like 2

Hi. I'm RJBViking (real name Remi), a 20 year old guy from the cozy, frozen winter wonderland of Northern Norway. I joined the Fighting 13th in the end of May 2012, so closing in on 6 years now! 

I was playing squad mode in Battlefield 3 back in 2012 and fell in love with the team play, so I went on the interwebz looking for clans and I stumbled upon this one. So I started with joining the Falcons for Battlefield 3, and I always get nostalgic about the good old Falcons (squad of the year 2012 <3) :x I've mostly been playing Battlefield with the clan through the years and had a period with Rainbow Six: Siege, as well. Right now I'm not with any unit and I'm trying to figure out what game to buy (since so few of y'all are as passionate about Rocket League as me :() but I'm poor. 

I'm a quiet and awkward dude, I actually didn't talk on mic for the first 3 years in my time with the 13th, but now you should be able to squeeze something out of me if you try xD

My hobbies include riding reindeer and hunting polar bears Rocket League, drumming, football, quizzing on sites like Sporcle and stuff like that. From the upcoming autumn I will be studying history at University in the city of Kristiansand in southern Norway. 

DSC_3558.thumb.JPG.52156fbafcd95b603a4dfab1f4b45056.JPG

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

What's up 13th! A little about me:

• 34yo and have lived all over the US as my job moves me every 2-4 years
  • Been a member since January 2017 when I came over from console and built my PC, and some buddies PCs including another 13th members
  • I was brought to the 13th by CJack and specifically built my PC to play Star Citizen
  • I mostly play Insurgency Sandstorm, Star Citizen, and Arma3.
  • Outside of gaming I love watching and playing most sports, skiing, love researching products even if I don't plan on buying them ? , and I recently started collecting watches and have bought way too many too fast ?
Edited by Raven
  • Like 3

Hello! I just recently applied so here's a little bit about me. 

I'm 22 years old. I like beer and any hard liquor. When I go to the bar, I tend to try whatever IPA they have on tap or order a nice gin and tonic. I have a lot of interests and games I play. I wear lolita fashion which is very frilly and girly. This is just one of my outfits laid out on my bed.  I often go drinking dressed like this. It's very amusing to drunk people and I've been invited on random bar crawls. I am also am trying to get back into drawing. It's been a long time since I've actively done that. Quick doodle from a couple weeks ago. I'm also experimenting with pixel art. I also knit, sew, trying to get into making music, and bake. I'm looking into getting into fishing so if anyone here fishes please reach out to me. I'm very curious about that hobby. 

As far as games go, I play FFXIV, World of Warcraft, PUBG, and other various indie games. I'm always up for trying new things. I used to play LoL religiously, but I got to Plat II and quit out of boredom a few years ago. Oh! I also play Shadowverse which is a really fun TCG that's similar to hearthstone, but they're very generous about giving away free packs. (You get 40 from completing the tutorial.) If anyone wants to rope me into trying a new game, it's not that hard!

Other random things I can think of is I have five cats, plus one foster kitty. I'm a crazy cat lady. I volunteer multiple times a week either helping build a house, IT work for a non-profit, and at a women's shelter. Oh, and I speak Japanese as a second language. I'm still learning, but I can hold conversations with native speakers! (My writing skills is where I struggle. Kanji is difficult.) If you need help translating or navigating something in Japanese, I don't mind helping. 

Anyways, nice to meet you all!

• Like 7

17 hours ago, BaronVonDouche said:

I'm 22 years old. I like beer and any hard liquor. When I go to the bar, I tend to try whatever IPA they have on tap or order a nice gin and tonic. I have a lot of interests and games I play. I wear lolita fashion which is very frilly and girly. This is just one of my outfits laid out on my bed.  I often go drinking dressed like this. It's very amusing to drunk people and I've been invited on random bar crawls. I am also am trying to get back into drawing. It's been a long time since I've actively done that. Quick doodle from a couple weeks ago. I'm also experimenting with pixel art. I also knit, sew, trying to get into making music, and bake. I'm looking into getting into fishing so if anyone here fishes please reach out to me. I'm very curious about that hobby. 

As far as games go, I play FFXIV, World of Warcraft, PUBG, and other various indie games. I'm always up for trying new things. I used to play LoL religiously, but I got to Plat II and quit out of boredom a few years ago. Oh! I also play Shadowverse which is a really fun TCG that's similar to hearthstone, but they're very generous about giving away free packs. (You get 40 from completing the tutorial.) If anyone wants to rope me into trying a new game, it's not that hard!

Other random things I can think of is I have five cats, plus one foster kitty. I'm a crazy cat lady. I volunteer multiple times a week either helping build a house, IT work for a non-profit, and at a women's shelter. Oh, and I speak Japanese as a second language. I'm still learning, but I can hold conversations with native speakers! (My writing skills is where I struggle. Kanji is difficult.) If you need help translating or navigating something in Japanese, I don't mind helping. 

Welcome to the Fighting 13th again Baron. If you have any questions feel free to ask and a lot of us do the drinking thing so you'll fit in here haha. 

On 5/8/2018 at 11:40 PM, BaronVonDouche said:

Oh.. thought i was the only one who played shadowverse xD .. anyways, welcome to the *cough*trap*cough* group that is the 13th

Hello!

I am Nizolt, have had that online name since the early days of my online gaming.

I am 24 years old, a new student to Swedens Agricultural University (SLU) in Uppsala, Studying to become a country-side developer. 

My favorites kind of beer is lambic and wheatbeer, I also drink cider and sometimes whiskey. 

My hobbies/interests are, but not limited to: history, wargaming miniatures, not exercising enough, I am also game master for Age of rebellion/Edge of the Empire for my friends. 

I do not have previous clan experiance but I am sure that I will pick things up easily as we go along, I am willing learn and see what I can contribute to this clan.

Well met. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nizolt said:

Hello!

I am Nizolt, have had that online name since the early days of my online gaming.

I am 24 years old, a new student to Swedens Agricultural University (SLU) in Uppsala, Studying to become a country-side developer. 

My favorites kind of beer is lambic and wheatbeer, I also drink cider and sometimes whiskey. 

My hobbies/interests are, but not limited to: history, wargaming miniatures, not exercising enough, I am also game master for Age of rebellion/Edge of the Empire for my friends. 

I do not have previous clan experiance but I am sure that I will pick things up easily as we go along, I am willing learn and see what I can contribute to this clan.

Well met. 

Welcome @Nizolt