Sign in to follow this  
BillyBantam

Member Spotlight August '18: Raven

Hi all, apologies it's a bit late but here is the Member Spotlight for Augusts member of the month @Raven

Q1. Can you share a real life picture?

A. Of course, here is one from a trip to Lake Tahoe.

PSX_20180904_164501.jpg.fec662b7696aa6b04d9ee9f1d2cf7de6.jpg

Q2. Where are you from?

A. I was born in California and raised in Massachusetts. Past 13 years have been spent in Virginia, North Carolina, Texas, Florida, and now Vermont.

Q3. Tell us a little about yourself.

A. I am 34 years old, married, and I have a 6 year old daughter. After going to college at UMass Dartmouth for a couple of years I enlisted in the US Coast Guard, hence the moving around the past 13 years and my odd work schedule. Once I have done my 20 years it's off to start my second career.

Q4. What's the first video game that made an impression on you?

A. Toss up between Duck Hunter and Super Mario Bros, NES.

Q5. Why/When did you join the Fighting 13th?

A. I joined the 13th in January 2017. After playing on PlayStation for 5 or so years with CJack he told me about an Alpha game on PC called Star Citizen and the Fighting 13th. I had been wanting to build a PC for years and decided to finally do it, and built a second PC a month later for another 13th member ?

Q6. Any notable memories from your time with the community? (Funny, sad, memorable, whatever)

A.  Plenty of fun gaming nights since joining, that's for sure. One thing that made me laugh pretty hard was when I team killed Danius in a Tactical Tuesday event. I didn't decide to shoot a guy wearing the same camo as me....the problem was Danius's character decided to strip down to nothing but his white boxer briefs running around shooting a big gun. I thought Copat as Zues was screwing with me so I dropped Danius ?

Q7. Have you met anyone from the community IRL?

A. I have, I recruited a fellow Coast Guard member for the 13th. Definitely would like to meet more if any of you are in Vermont in the next year before I get transferred to a new Unit.

Q8. What types of games do you usually play?

A.  First and third person shooters and RPGs. Right now most of my gaming time is in (shameless plug ?) Insurgency: Sandstorm, Arma3, Star Citizen, and Warframe (PS4).

Q9. What's your guilty pleasure game?

A. ? I guess in the context of speaking to the PC clan that I am part of, I would have to say Warframe on PS4. I really tried to start over with a PC Warframe account and play with the 13th, but 5 years of Warframe progression and it just felt wrong starting over.

Q10. What is one game you feel every person should play at least once? 

A. The Last of Us.....no hesitation answering that question. TLOU is the best story of any game I have played. I felt truly invested in the characters and couldn't put it down, always needed to know what was going to happen next.

Q11. What would you like to see from the Fighting 13th in the next 6 - 12 months?

A. I'm definitely excited to see what we do with Insurgency: Sandstorm. We already have a good base of 13th members playing Sandstorm and I am actively recruiting outside of the 13th for new members to join in on the Sandstorm awesomeness. I think it offers addictive gameplay and a change of pace for the 13th FPS wise. I'm especially looking forward to running the Competition mode with you all.

Q12. Would you rather fight a horse sized duck, or 100 duck sized horses? Explain.

A. A horse sized duck. Too many reasons to list come to mind?, but a few are:

1.I really want to see a duck the size of a horse.

2.Tiny little horses would be too damn cute to hurt.

3.If I won and the duck survived, I would be able to ride it and fly around.

4.If I won and the duck died, I would eat like a king for months!

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, BillyBantam said:

Q6. Any notable memories from your time with the community? (Funny, sad, memorable, whatever)

A.  Plenty of fun gaming nights since joining, that's for sure. One thing that made me laugh pretty hard was when I team killed Danius in a Tactical Tuesday event. I didn't decide to shoot a guy wearing the same camo as me....the problem was Danius's character decided to strip down to nothing but his white boxer briefs running around shooting a big gun. I thought Copat as Zues was screwing with me so I dropped Danius ?

?!  At least you didn't shoo the guy wearing the same uniform as you lol

• Haha 1

Achievements

Awesome interview! It's cool to see where you've been with the coast guard. Where to next? Good ol' Kodiak? ?

But honestly, you're one of the most loyal and dedicated members here. Keep up the enthusiasm for everything you do. And I can't wait to see what Insurgency brings for us!

• Like 1

LUDQv9K.png

Achievements

@thebronxbomber I'll know where I am going next by March. I would like to be an instructor at one of our schools, but no clue where they will end up sending me. Definitely enjoying the group we have and the awesome gaming nights! Thanks again for member of the month ?

Edited by Raven
  • Like 1

Achievements