Sign in to follow this  
BirdDog2043

E3 2018 Discussion

20 posts in this topic

1200px-E3_2018_logo_svg.thumb.png.9cdea36d9be547f87dccf230572bd7cd.png

Let's discuss anything and everything E3 2018. What are your thoughts about the upcoming games and new announcements? Has anything caught you by surprise or disappointed you?

And with the event still ongoing, here's a countdown for all the big developer conferences still to come -

http://www.e3countdown.com/

Personally, I was pretty surprised to hear about Origin Access Premier. At $100 a year you get access to top tier brand new games as well as 100's of other titles that I have yet to play. I'm going to seriously consider signing up when it launches later this summer. The rollout of Battlefield V gameplay has been lackluster for me, I wish they would show off more of the game because from the little gameplay that I've seen it looks like a lot of fun. Haven't been paying too much attention to other developers, I'll probably catch a recap on YouTube for everything that I miss

• Like 1

At the moment, my watchlist consists of 

Battlefield V, because it's going to be huge for us.

Age of Empires IV, because the series is what I grew up playing, and it supposedly is coming out this fall.

The Division 2, because as a resident of DC, I'm curious to see how much detail they put into the setting of the game.  An odd hobby of mine that I'm just discovering is I like to point out in movies, shows, and games various landmarks/places in cities I've been to. 

• Like 1

Achievements

The Division had it's up and downs, but they really improved the game over time. I can't wait to see what Division 2 is all about.

I also have my eye on Anthem. A lot of potential in that game with Bioware, hopefully EA doesn't tank it.

As for BFV, I have loved playing BF games. With this one I will wait and see what the Fighting 13th say about it. If you all give it a thumbs up and it finds a place in our community then I'll be there playing with you.

• Like 1

Oh WAIT! How could I have left out The Last of Us part 2?!? TLOU was the most engaging story of any game I have played. I was so attached the the characters and thier well being, and could not wait to play the story out. I got goosebumps when I saw the teaser trailer with Ellie singing

Doom 2 looks sick, I should probably finally finish the first one....

Soooo, how do you Fallout players feel about the whole online only, multiplayer style of the game? I thought about getting it being that it's a prequel and I know nothing about the story but now i'm a little scared off, not really a fan of games that can breed griefers

Posted (edited)

Was missing this topic, for discussion about games of E3 2018 

Below here a bunch of trailers but first the most important one 

Edited by Dutch
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, thebronxbomber said:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06/15/best-of-e3-2018-awards

Do we agree with these rankings for the games that were shown to us?

I can't base an opinion on games that haven't even come out yet, you know how developers love to polish something for these reveals and then it looks nothing like the E3 conference or things have been changed or lied about. I do have confidence in Cyberpunk given the studio that is making it and Rekiro and Spiderman look very promising. Death Stranding keeps teasing us but man, we have no idea what the hell the game is about after all these years. The rest are follow ups to previous games, so they're just more graphically better versions with slight alterations and story. 

• Like 1

On 6/15/2018 at 10:06 AM, Global Papi said:

I can't base an opinion on games that haven't even come out yet, you know how developers love to polish something for these reveals and then it looks nothing like the E3 conference or things have been changed or lied about. I do have confidence in Cyberpunk given the studio that is making it and Rekiro and Spiderman look very promising. Death Stranding keeps teasing us but man, we have no idea what the hell the game is about after all these years. The rest are follow ups to previous games, so they're just more graphically better versions with slight alterations and story. 

Yeah but these rankings are for the presentation, not for the actual game itself.

Achievements