cJack

SANDSTORM!!!

31 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, thebronxbomber said:

$29.99 with 10% preorder discount.

September 2018 release. 

Awesomeness.

<-- Excited :)

10% pre order discount and a 10% loyalty discount!  That is pretty awesome!  This game has huge potential, and I agree with BigFry I can see this winning shooter of the year possibly this year and the next.  Console players have never really had a game experience like this one.  They will either love it or hate it.

5 hours ago, Predacon said:

so much games... so little time ?

I know man!  So pumped hardcore tactical shooters are making a come back.

1 hour ago, cJack said:

Beta for anyone who pre ordered is now available.  Lets shoot some shit tonight!!!!

Hell ya, I'm pumped we are playing tonight!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, thebronxbomber said:

How was the beta?

@thebronxbomber the game still needs bugs worked out. Animations are where they have the most work to do imo. With that said the game is still VERY fun. I love the pace of the matches and time to kill. Different feel than any other shooter I have played. The shinning star for me so far (other than the pace/feel of gameplay) is the audio. The sound of your gun firing, reloading, releasing the bolt forward....they all sound so satisfying and accurate to real life. Then the explosions, character vocal reactions, and everything else do a great job of immersing you in the fast action. Definitely need to experience the audio with a nice set of headphones to really appreciate what I am getting at. 

This beta 1 runs till the 13th. The beta 2 will run from August 30th through launch day on September 18th. I will definitely be keeping you guys up to date on thier progress smoothing out the bugs ?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@thebronxbomber  If this dont look like a  good time I am not sure what else you would want.  Yes, there are some tweaks that need to be made, but it is a damn good time.

Edited by cJack
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Raven said:

@thebronxbomber the game still needs bugs worked out. Animations are where they have the most work to do imo. With that said the game is still VERY fun. I love the pace of the matches and time to kill. Different feel than any other shooter I have played. The shinning star for me so far (other than the pace/feel of gameplay) is the audio. The sound of your gun firing, reloading, releasing the bolt forward....they all sound so satisfying and accurate to real life. Then the explosions, character vocal reactions, and everything else do a great job of immersing you in the fast action. Definitely need to experience the audio with a nice set of headphones to really appreciate what I am getting at. 

This beta 1 runs till the 13th. The beta 2 will run from August 30th through launch day on September 18th. I will definitely be keeping you guys up to date on thier progress smoothing out the bugs ?

I agree with everything you said for the most part.  I think there are a few to many vocal cues from the player characters IMO.  I like them just a lot if them...  something that seems small but to me adds a lot to immersion is the sound of your players breath.  When shit is hitting the fan his (or her) panic can be felt.  Awesome!  I have always been a fan of this team and how they play along and listen to the community.  No way this game does not revolutionize shooters especially on the console front.  Those guys have never had a game like this.  They will love it or hate it...  time will tell.

But for us and the 13th?  I see big things.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cJack said:

I agree with everything you said for the most part.  I think there are a few to many vocal cues from the player characters IMO.  I like them just a lot if them...  something that seems small but to me adds a lot to immersion is the sound of your players breath.  When shit is hitting the fan his (or her) panic can be felt.  Awesome!  I have always been a fan of this team and how they play along and listen to the community.  No way this game does not revolutionize shooters especially on the console front.  Those guys have never had a game like this.  They will love it or hate it...  time will tell.

But for us and the 13th?  I see big things.

I totally agree about the characters hectic breathing when the action gets intense, so awesome. If you play this game on a standard set of desktop speakers you are missing out. High quality headphones are a must to feel the action of this game imo.

As for the 13th and Sandstorm, I hope we embrace it!

• Like 1

On 8/10/2018 at 3:53 PM, cJack said:

@thebronxbomber  If this dont look like a  good time I am not sure what else you would want.  Yes, there are some tweaks that need to be made, but it is a damn good time.

The first 00:05 is all you need to see to convince yourself to buy this game. 

• Like 1

Achievements

There is a lot to take in here, but a good listen.  Something that really jumps at me is the fact that he said "This beta is a test not a promotional thing" like most devs do anymore.  Most of the issues we have ran into they are aware of and working on. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cJack said:

There is a lot to take in here, but a good listen.  Something that really jumps at me is the fact that he said "This beta is a test not a promotional thing" like most devs do anymore.  Most of the issues we have ran into they are aware of and working on. 

Even if you just listen to the first 10 minutes or so there is really good information. I liked hearing that content work is complete for launch (there are more maps and modes and stuff than what we got in beta, they were just locked) so all efforts up till launch are strickly going towards bug fixes and optimization ?