Sign in to follow this  
thebronxbomber

Community Poll #4: How many languages do you know?

How many languages do you know?  

19 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. How many languages do you know?

Greetings denizens!

As we found out in CP#3, our community is comprised of quite the number of predictive analysts. The community overwhelmingly knew the next Battlefield would be based during the WWII era.

For this next poll, we're seeing how many polylinguists and polyglots there are. How many languages do you know? Did you learn them out of necessity or for the love of learning these languages or for the love of language in general? Vote and comment below!

/Bronx

LUDQv9K.png

Achievements

5 languages

• Latvian - mothertongue
  • Russian - out of necessity
  • English - during childhood had english cartoons and mates online ;)
  • German(a bit) - school and extra classes cause parents thought im good at it
  • Latin - uni
  • Like 1

Achievements

2 minutes ago, Bebris said:

5 languages

• Latvian - mothertongue
  • Russian - out of necessity
  • English - during childhood had english cartoons and mates online ;)
  • German(a bit) - school and extra classes cause parents thought im good at it
  • Latin - uni

@CommanderOwned @Predacon I would like you to test Bebris to see if he really knows German...

LUDQv9K.png

Achievements

I chose 1. Just fluent in English. Though I use to be very proficient in Spanish for work, and I have dabbled in Portuguese as I am a good deal Portuguese,  and tried to learn  Norwegian as my wife is mostly Norwegian.

Edited by Raven

Achievements

I'd say I know two languages. The third is only partial so it doesn't count. 

1. Swedish, native

2. English, from school since I was 7 years old plus what I've gathered from playing games as a child up to now. 

3. German, I can read German pretty well I dare say. Studied German for a year and it's mostly some words that are too different from Swedish or English that I don't really understand. Can't talk or write it for shit though. 

• Like 1

Achievements

7 minutes ago, Klobbson said:

I'd say I know two languages. The third is only partial so it doesn't count. 

1. Swedish, native

2. English, from school since I was 7 years old plus what I've gathered from playing games as a child up to now. 

3. German, I can read German pretty well I dare say. Studied German for a year and it's mostly some words that are too different from Swedish or English that I don't really understand. Can't talk or write it for shit though. 

man the speaking part really hinders me too. It's not even pronunciation, its how unnatural it feels to speak it.

Global.png.42c9bd4b37a83cdb98d81d407d3ed288.png

Achievements

2 minutes ago, Global Papi said:

man the speaking part really hinders me too. It's not even pronunciation, its how unnatural it feels to speak it.

Not so much the case for me, talking it feels sort of natural as it is a Germanic language just like both Swedish and English. It's more that I don't really grasp the grammar and my vocabulary is just not good enough. 

Achievements

28 minutes ago, Raven said:

I chose 1. Just fluent in English. Though I use to be very proficient in Spanish for work, and I have dabbled in Portuguese as I am a good deal Portuguese,  and tried to learn  Norwegian as my wife is mostly Norwegian.

There's plenty of opportunity here to freshen up on your Norwegian here with people like @Chris P Bacon, @Forked, @RJBViking, @wesz33, and others! 

• Like 1

LUDQv9K.png

Achievements

16 minutes ago, Klobbson said:

Not so much the case for me, talking it feels sort of natural as it is a Germanic language just like both Swedish and English. It's more that I don't really grasp the grammar and my vocabulary is just not good enough. 

i dunno why but German feels very similar to English for me (and Latvian - pronunciation-wise) ... i guess that's the plus side of being a polyglot

Achievements

1: Swedish (native)

2: English fluently (Mostly)

3: Some german words here and there

"Quickly put a hole in the man who tries to put five eggs in three baskets"

"30 fps isn't a design choice, it's a failure"

Achievements

7 hours ago, CommanderOwned said:

Prussia

Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth

England / Confederate States of America

Castile

playing too much EU4 sry

German, English, Polish, and Spanish?

LUDQv9K.png

Achievements

Dutch(native), English(fluent) and German(meh).

German because i had it in school and it's quite easy to understand since it's similar to Dutch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thebronxbomber said:

It's really interesting to find out that German is a secondary lingua franca between many of us here.

They're getting ready to invade again, help us all.

• Haha 1

Global.png.42c9bd4b37a83cdb98d81d407d3ed288.png

Achievements

I put 2. 

As any normal Scandinavian I too understand the other two as well. Swedish is pretty easy overall, while Danish is super easy to read but the spoken...well. Potato-language. :P 

Since everyone else mentions German whether they are fluent or not, I will too! Had it for 3 years in school and not the hardest for fellow Germanics in general so I have some basic knowledge, sort of. 

1. Chinese (native)

2. English (fluent)

3. French (total shit accent but can read it) - had to learn it in school because duo-language requirements in Canada lol 

4. Korean - definitely not fluent but the gf is Korean so... shrug 

• Like 1

Achievements

Sign in to follow this