Sign in to follow this  
BirdDog2043

Battlefield V MEGATHREAD

60 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

battlefield-v-logo.jpg.4118bbf2c851904133bd3896cb12a456.jpg

Battlefield V MEGATHREAD

Hey everybody.  So in an attempt to consolidate the latest reveal info, news, and trailers for Battlefield V I've created this topic to discuss anything and everything Battlefield V during this pre-release period. 

Open beta coming September 6, details here: 

https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/news/battlefield-5-open-beta-announcement#__prclt=1GP6mofg

Now that the reveal trailer has dropped, we finally have some info on how the game will look and play. Check it out below if you haven't seen it yet (Sorry, can't edit the size of the videos) -

https://youtu.be/fb1MR85XFOc

The first thing I, along with many others noticed was a significant change in the color palette. The bright, colorful trailer we just watched is a stark contrast from the grey and gloomy colors we saw in BF1 (which I think fit the game really well). While this is obviously a heavily scripted reveal, I think we'll still be getting that same gritty Battlefield gameplay that we've come to know. The trailer does show a couple of new features like fortification building, how teammates call for medics, some sort of sliding action, and a tank steamrolling through a building. But overall, it was a flashy trailer to try to get players hyped about the game and there are a lot of mixed feelings out there about the direction DICE chose for it.

Overall and in my opinion, I really don't think the trailer does the game justice. The confirmed gameplay features listed in the jackfrags video below get me really excited for the game! While the reveal was flashy and full of Michael Bay style eye candy, it really didn't get me too excited. If you're doubtful, I would highly recommend you guys check out this video.

https://youtu.be/xegBXGaFrOU

New multiplayer trailer! Looks gorgeous and the paratrooper drops look incredible but I'm still itching to see a gameplay trailer :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWVtV59mczk

New jackfrags Grand Operations gameplay video :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfzmCI9-aKY

Gamescom 2018 trailer - Devastation of Rotterdam

This is BFV Trailer, lots of gameplay and a bit more info on what to expect in the game.

Stick around here and feel free to discuss as I'll be updating this front page as we get closer to October November and more trailers are released!

Edited by BirdDog2043
  • Haha 1

Okay I'm liking the feature changes to the squad mechanics, let's see in time how much of a difference it makes. I still felt like BF1 could be played solo.

50 minutes ago, Global Papi said:

Okay I'm liking the feature changes to the squad mechanics, let's see in time how much of a difference it makes. I still felt like BF1 could be played solo.

yeah they seem to be taking from more hardcore games like squad and rising storm to put emphasis on squads and squad leaders.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BirdDog2043 said:

yeah they seem to be taking from more hardcore games like squad and rising storm to put emphasis on squads and squad leaders.

Which is good....but there still needs to be a commander added....more of a BF2 commander than a BF4 commander--the Squad community has commandeered on despite the lack of a commander (having a SL who's dedicating all or a good chunk of his/her time to coordinating the different squads of a team on a server), but BFV would do well to have a dedicated commander post.

Achievements

23 minutes ago, thebronxbomber said:

Which is good....but there still needs to be a commander added....more of a BF2 commander than a BF4 commander--the Squad community has commandeered on despite the lack of a commander (having a SL who's dedicating all or a good chunk of his/her time to coordinating the different squads of a team on a server), but BFV would do well to have a dedicated commander post.

Silly me never played BF4 so I don't how they'd do that in a BF game :P

19 hours ago, BirdDog2043 said:

Yeah, I think they realized they need to go back to their roots like BF2 and further separate CoD from BF again. BF2 is where project reality is based on and then squad and post scriptum are based on PR too. 

Just now, whiskeyf0x said:

I withdraw my negative comments. If Dutch plays with me, I'm sure I'll love this game. 

He does have that effect on people. 

Achievements

On 5/25/2018 at 11:48 AM, thebronxbomber said:

He does have that effect on people. 

You'll be building dick igloos in Russian with him.

8 hours ago, Stixx said:

I'll be back with this game, kill zeh Germans!

@BirdDog2043 maybe a poll to see how many people will join us in battle?

Yeah going to wait on that until at least a gameplay trailer is released. Right now people have only seen a robot arm lady and a michael bay trailer :P

• Like 1

Sweet links, @BirdDog2043!

Airborne mode seems like it'll play or replace Rush mode.

I'm pretty excited for the changes coming. I'm wondering how the fortifications and reenforcements options will change the game.

• Like 1

Achievements

3 hours ago, thebronxbomber said:

Sweet links, @BirdDog2043!

Airborne mode seems like it'll play or replace Rush mode.

I'm pretty excited for the changes coming. I'm wondering how the fortifications and reenforcements options will change the game.

Same here. Now I can't wait to see all this stuff in action